Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery
Dr. Kim is performing the latest techniques in minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) with the I-stent. The I-stent is the world’s smallest implantable medical device (1mm in length) and is FDA approved for the treatment of mild to moderate glaucoma at the time of cataract surgery.
The I-stent helps to reduce intraocular (eye) pressure by improving the outflow of the internal fluid in the eye through a natural, physiologic pathway.
The I-stent is:
- Proven safe and effective
- So small that it cannot be felt or seen
- Works continuously to lower intraocular (eye) pressure
- Creates a permanent opening for sustained pressure reduction
- Spares important eye tissues that are often damaged with traditional glaucoma surgery
- Does not limit future treatment options
Please click on the link above to learn more about minimally invasive glaucoma surgery with the I-stent.